POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Effect of Photons - <3 jpg's - 14k> : Re: Effect of Photons - <3 jpg's - 14k> Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Effect of Photons - <3 jpg's - 14k>
From: Brendt Hess
Date: 17 Jan 2000 16:52:41
Message: <38838f29@news.povray.org>
> The pigment for the
>glass was rgbf <1,1,1,1> with your basic glass finish.  The brass is a
>modified "metals.inc" texture.  The problem is with the brass texture on
the
>metal pieces inside the glass dome.  Especially the dolphin, which changes
>drastically when photons are used.
>
>I've tweaked texture (glass and metal), photon settings, lighting, and
>everything I could think of and this is the best that it gets.

I think you need to change the IOR for the glass.  A glass display dome
shouldn't be as distorting as this one is.  Try IOR 1.05 to 1.1 and see.

Good display domes are frequently made of glasses with lower refraction than
'normal' glass for just this reason (although this is probably not the
effect that they are trying to avoid :).